Bridgwater Veterinary Hospital in Winnipeg
At Bridgwater Veterinary Hospital & Wellness Centre in Winnipeg we are committed to the health and vitality of your pets. We welcome you to bring your new puppy or kitten to our animal hospital for general wellness visits and for urgent care needs. We believe in excellence puppy care and kitten care.
- Wellness and Preventative Medicine
- Vaccinations: Puppy and kitten vaccinations are available encouraged and available for your new family addition. Come in to discuss with our veterinarians what routine annual vaccinations are required or recommended for your puppies or kittens. We can help you understand the schedule of vaccinations as your pet matures. Puppy vaccinations that we typically recommend help protect against parvovirus, distemper, parainfluenza, and hepatitis. Recommended kitten vaccinations include panleukopenia, calicivirus, and viral rhinotracheitis.
- Spay and neutering. Importance for maintaining your puppies or kittens’ medical condition. Spaying can help prevent cysts/tumors and neutering can help control or prevent testicular cancer.
- Flea, tick, worm, and other parasites can become problematic for puppies and kittens. We work with our patients to prevent different parasites in order to help prevent diseases contracted through parasitic contact.
- Internal Medicine and Surgery
- Our veterinarian staff are experienced in recognizing and treating several disease types in animals. Some of the conditions we see and treat frequently are cancer, dermatologic disorders, diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease, toxicities and thyroid disease.
- At our hospital, our veterinarians are trained and prepared to perform several different types of surgeries on animals. We employ the use of state-of-the-art surgical technology and tools to perform simple elective surgeries such as spay and neuter as well as more complex and critical surgeries, including amputations and emergency abdominal surgery.
- Puppy and Kitten Oral Dental Care: Oral dental care for pets frequently gets overlooked by new owners of puppies and kittens. Since the mouth is the entrance to the digestive system., an oral infection can travel through your pet’s body. Regular dental care is very important to the health of your pet. Maintaining clean teeth and gums can help prevent a variety of maladies.
When you need a veterinarian in Winnipeg, we welcome you to visit us for puppy care and kitten care at Bridgwater Veterinarian Hospital in Winnipeg. We want to help keep your new pet healthy as he grows through excellence in veterinarian care and in educating pet owners on how best to care for their pets. Browse our website to learn more about who we are and what we can do for you and your pet.